I love using these small knit washcloths! They fit right in the palm of my hand. The cloths work great as coasters, since they absorb condensation from iced drinks. They also make cute gift sets when tied up in a bundle.
100% cotton yarn
US size 2 needles
Small Washcloth Knitting Pattern
- Cast on 30 stitches.
- Knit in garter stitch for 6 rows.
- Begin knitting in stockinette stitch: Knit one row, Purl one row with a 4 stitch border on each edge (K4, purl until 4 remain, K4).
- Continue knitting in stockinette stitch for a total of 35 rows.
- Knit 6 rows in garter stitch.
- Bind off.
- Garter stitch: knit every row
- Stockinette stitch: knit one row, purl the next, repeat
- K = knit, P = purl